Monday, April 2, 2018

Where oh where, did Minivan gal go?

To say it’s been awhile is an understatement.

My life, in short, has exploded into a 6 ring circus:  sold a house, moved to a different state, gained weight, gained more weight, put out a few 5 alarm personal fires along the way...

And through it all, I've ended up at the crossroads of midlife...staring down the barrel of my 45th birthday.  I am left to survey the carnage of my life. The promises to myself that I never kept.  The hopes and dreams that were misplaced and watered down or spiked with too much alcohol.

Simply, I wish I had enjoyed life more. 

I realize now, I’ve been scared for most of my life.  I will get to a low point then push myself off the diving board and into the deep end.  Sink or swim.  I know I can swim.  

Yet, why on most days, do I really want to sink.

No comments: